View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DXG, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
I just want to read. And for this, I'm happy to pay.
Higher resolution and better contrast can only be a good thing IMO.
I agree if all you want to do is read text then eInk is a great choice. For reading text though is better res than the current Kindle going to make much difference? Text on it looks pretty darn good already. If you have a bad scan then it's the scan not the display that is the issue. My point is that better res and contrast are fine but they are not really addressing the shortcomings of eInk and I'm not sure that it will really have much impact. I've never heard a Kindle owner say "gee if only the text were crisper" for example. What real world impact will these improvements provide?
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote