View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 304
Karma: 1139862
Join Date: Dec 2010
Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have both Android and iOS. I avoid being "chained" by only downloading free content.
Be careffull google has already publicly talking about reigning in thier Android OS with tighter regulations because of thier frustrations with there currently being 7-8 versions of the android OS out there and when they put out an update/security every other device manufacturer greatly delays or does not update the OS, its because every device manufacturer adds thier own bells and wistle that are usually incompatible with googles OS updates. the other complaint google has talked about is making sure all android devices have access to googles marketplace as well as the device manufacturers marketplace.

Currently on alot of android devices they only have access to thier device manufacturers market place and the only way to get to the android market place is to "root the device".

While people whine at the 30% cut apple gets from app sales they conveniently leave out that app developers only get 70% of thier app sales too. the other 30% gets divided between the carriers and google. its just worded a lil differently but app developers on both devices lose a 30% cut.

dont get me wrong android has alot of potential. but google no longer wishes it to be as open as it was and are planing to clamp down on things and devs lose just as much money on android currently as they do apple.

Last edited by covfam; 05-17-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Horrid spelling errors :P
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote