Same thing here - the flasher (here)
identifies itself as "PRS-505 flasher 1.3 by igorsk", and I also replaced the included image with this one, giving me alternative icons, a unified menu font, and the clock
. (Other combinations available - see the translated thread
- Unpack the contents of the archive.
- (Optional) Replace the incuded 'new_opt.img' with an alternative one. (Renaming the new one to 'new_opt.img'.)
- Copy the exploded archive to the root of a SD card. (I'd reformatted mine to FAT/FAT16 - may not be required.)
- Check you have a "/tmp" folder in the root of the Reader when viewed as a USB device, (create one if you haven't,) then unmount the reader.
- Plug the flash card into the PRS-505
- Press 6
- Wait for the PRS-505 to report "Reflashing was successful. Rebooting."
- Take the flash card out of the PRS-505
- Wait for the unit to reboot