View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #2
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (recycled), PRS-350, Surface RT (for comics)
Interesting. I was actually writing a thread called "Reasons to buy an Android tablet?" but I guess this guy has given me the answer: I should wait. I had decided that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 would be my first tablet (if the price turned out to be somewhat reasonable), but I am having second thoughts now after doing a little bit of research. It seems that all the good things I hear about Android are related to phones and not tablets. The OS is still buggy (I played for a few minutes with an Acer Iconia at Best Buy and the launcher crashed a couple times - maybe this has improved with 3.01?), there are not many apps specifically designed for tablets, and all tablets seem to offer a very similar experience. So, for those of us who don't like Apple or don't want to buy an iPad for whatever reason, the best option is waiting for the next generation of Android tablets, isn't it?

My ideal tablet would be a portable document editor, but I don't think tablets are still there, so it would be mostly a toy for me. Sure, I would like to do some light editing from time to time, but I already own a netbook and I'd probably keep using it.

Last edited by Andanzas; 05-17-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote