View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #10
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
I've got a bunch of books on it that I acquired...ah...elsewhere with no DRM. Should I remove these books? Does Amazon care?

I just checked and I can still access the kindle via windows explorer and Calibre.

If the books are free of all DRM, then you can just copy them onto your computer, then copy them onto your new Kindle. I THINK that if you copy the JSON file as well then your collections will copy over too (not certain of that one).

You're new Kindle is going to re-index them all though, so be prepared for that.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote