View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #35
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Maybe because many of the other features the Kindle has may be more important than page numbers to them. Personally, I don't like the system either uses. I'd rather see things marked by chapter and paragraph numbers. I don't want a page number to change based on font size. I want it to refer to a location in a book but I think chapter/paragraph makes it easier to convey a location to people reading paper books or other devices. However, if the Sony had that, I'd still choose the Kindle because I don't want to give up search, dictionary lookup, or the convenience of the Kindle store. It's a lower priority item to me.
I would prefer a regular page numbering system, but you are totally right in the fact that the dictionary and Kindle store convenience more than make up for their strange page number system.

Really the only reason I like page numbers is so that if I forget to bookmark a page or something gets weird and I wander away from the page I was reading, I can get back.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote