Plugin to download metadata and covers from www.skoob.com.br
. Skoob is a brazilian website similar to Goodreads, so almost all of its contents is in pt_BR. For that reason this plugin will be of most use for books in Portuguese.
This plugin was heavily based on B&N plugin
Main Features of v1.0.4
- Can retrieve title, author, comments, rating and cover. Skoob unique id also retrieved as identifier.
- Uses a simple simlarity algorithm to sort the result for best matches first
- Option to retrieve isbn, publisher and publication date by looking into additional info page (extra page download needed). Default is "off", "on" means slower.
- Option to customise the number of search result pages to analyse. If the search is too broad the best match may not be in the first page. Default is 1, more means slower.
- Option to customise the number of matches to download/evaluate. Since the results are sorted by similarity, more downloads means less quality but higher chance of hit (also slower). Default is 1, more means slower.
- Experimental option to define a threshold on similarity for discarding results. Not quite precise, 20-30 seems to be a good value. Default is 0, which means no discarding. (Doesn't mean much if number of matches to download is 1)
- Not tested on Calibre earlier than 0.8.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Note that this is not a GUI plugin so it is not intended/cannot be added to context menus/toolbars etc.