View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #14
MikeFromMesa
Enthusiast
MikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
There is a much simpler way. Just root the NC and install CoolReader 3 or FBreader on it from the Market. CoolReader was developed in Russia and does an excellent job with the FB2 format. I read mostly FB2 on my my CM7 Nook Color using the CoolReader app

Actually one of the first things I did when I had my hands on the NC was to build an sd card with CM7 on it and then, when the device booted from it, I added several Cyrillic readers - fbReader, Moon+ and (I think) Aldiko. All worked well, but I found the rooted device to be somewhat buggy and, because of all of the running processes, somewhat slow. I had to keep going to the AppKiller to kill all of the background processes. In addition the icons were so small that I thought it was not practical for my wife who has rather poor eyesight. Hence I returned to the basic Nook Color.
MikeFromMesa is offline   Reply With Quote