View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
MikeFromMesa
Enthusiast
MikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
You need a url option and the font name should be in single quotes:

src: url('LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf');
I had made the assumption, perhaps incorrectly, that if a path is needed, then the url token would be redundant. I guess that was wrong.

Quote:
As far as the syntax of the path to the font, I think you would need to include the font in the epub file itself, in order to get it over to the nook, right (just as image files are included in the the epub file itself).
To be able to properly display on the NC that is exactly what needs to be done and what I thought I was doing. I assumed that giving the path to the font to Sigil would allow it to bundle the font with the book. So, given that my guess was wrong, how would I get Sigil to bundle the font into the book? I had added the font to the fonts folder in Sigil, but I had added it from a different PC folder location. Is that not alright?

Quote:
Try to add the .ttf file to the font area of the epub file - it's at the bottom of the left panel in Sigil.
I did exactly that. I right-clicked on the folder and selected Add Existing Item. I then browsed to the location of the fonts and selected them. I thought that would do it, but when I tried to Verify the contents, I got the "cannot reach" error. And that was even before I tried to add the stylesheet coding.

Quote:
Then in the css file, for the path to the font, it must be relative to the css file I think that would be:

../fonts/fontname.tff
Relative to the folder location of the stylesheet? I can certainly try that. In fact the fonts and the sample stylesheet I used are both located in the same folder.

Any indea where I should be putting the new stylesheet? In the existing one? Or separate? If in the existing stylesheet, where exactly?

I will try your suggestions and see if they solve some of the problems I have been having. Thanks for this help. I will post what I find.
MikeFromMesa is offline   Reply With Quote