View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
surely    inserts 2 spaces.

I've seen indents done that was, in coversions & they work.

in code view
<p>sentence.&nbsp;&nbsp;nextsentence.&nbsp;&nbsp;l ast sentence</p> should work..
yep works as expected.

now if you want to force that throughout an existing book we;ll have to get into using find/replace.

a find/replace option could detect a full stop followed by a single space followed by a Capital letter, and repalce that with full stop , 2 x nbsp, folloed by the original capital letter.

something like
find
\. ([A_Z])
replace
.&nbsp;&nbsp;\1

find replace options: match case, regex, all files, replace all..

you should be able to type as you go, in book view, but it seems bugged.

I get one space left in , for every two spacebar presses. so you can type in multiple spaces, just have to type twice as many as you really want.
e.g. in a new sigil document I generated this html by pressing space bar 4 times between each word as I typed the line in book view
Code:
<p>here &nbsp; &nbsp;is &nbsp; &nbsp;a &nbsp; &nbsp;new &nbsp; &nbsp;test.</p>
that was with tidy unticked. same result with it ticked:
Code:
<p>and &nbsp; &nbsp;one &nbsp; &nbsp;more &nbsp; &nbsp;with &nbsp; &nbsp;tidy &nbsp; &nbsp;on.</p>
save the test file, exit sigil, restart sigil load the test file. All is good.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote