View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
There's not really a set etiquette, per se. Some folks seem to think it's only polite to acknowledge the karma bump, others don't see it that way.

Personally, I never expect any sort of response -- how do I know that the person has even noticed they can see who gave them karma in the first place?

Sometimes, I "reply" in a PM, usually I don't, it just depends on the situation, and especially what, if any, comment they add.

Speaking for myself, I most value the smaller, one and two point karma bumps from newer folks for whom I've answered a question -- knowing that they found my answer helpful enough to be worth noting that way is a much bigger deal to me than how high my actual number is. Though I'm honest enough to admit that I do enjoy seeing the number grow too.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote