View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've found that sometimes it depends on the price of the ebook as well. I found one book for exampl titled "The Bible Book by Book. A Manual for the Outline Study of the Bible" and there were two versions. The free version had no working TOC but the .99 version has a working TOC so basically the .99 version differs from the one that costs 0.00 only in that there is a working TOC. The free one was put together by volunteers while the .99 version was published by MobileReference though so presumably the one is done by an amateur and the other by a professional business that wanted to make a good impression on customers. They might have used different software, but that's something I don't know for sure. I have noticed that some books (by volunteers) look quite a bit like the raw PG books just with a different look to regular mobipocket. Like they downloaded a bunch of books from PG and just ran them through their meat grinder to repackage them a bit. That's mostly with the PD books though. They seem to do better with newer titles, or at least I seem to have been lucky so far for the most part. There was a Kindle version of O. Henry's short stories I bought at Amazon that had some glitches in the TOC (I didn't realize MR had a copy of the same book at the time) but generally aside from the old PD books I haven't noticed too many problems.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote