I wanted to let everyone know about a program previously on Google Code but now on GitHub:
The latest version can be downloaded here
If you use Calibre as your book library software, then you probably don't need my program. But if you are like me, and only use Calibre for ebook conversions, then this might be of interest.
- The program allows you to edit the metadata of EPUB files, with a number of buttons that allow the user to do a number of common tasks with one click.
- You can change (or add) a cover.
- You can view the Table of Contents.
- You can link to an external viewer (like the one in the Calibre program folder) if you want to view the EPUB file itself.
- There is also an advanced pane which contains some batch operations and the ability to view and edit the OPF and TOC.NCX files.
I trust that you find it useful. If you discover any bugs, you can still use the Google code issues list:
Latest Update: The current version is 1.5.1
- Added SHIFT action to "View EPUB" button allowing the user to open the original file in the external viewer. (In this mode, the external viewer can stay open, so the user can return to the EPUB Metadata Editor window and can even quit. Note that problems may result if the external viewer is still open when changes are saved to the original file, depending on whether opening the file in the external viewer causes the original file to become read-only. In the default mode, because the EPUB that is opened is a temporary version of the EPUB file including any unsaved changes, the user cannot return to EPUB Metadata Editor until they close the external viewer.)