On a 3rd try I've been able to browse the web on the DR1000. It turned out to be a lot simpler than I thought. The mistake I made was executing the "route add.." command before setting up usbnet instead of after.
All the steps to get it working on my machine (Ubuntu 11.04):
Only needed once:
- Download Midori from here
(thanks to dixon for porting this) and copy to SD.
- Edit /etc/resolv.conf on your DR (use the same settings as on the host).
Needed every time:
- Use the scripts from dima_tr to set up usbnet on the DR and the host.
- Do "route add default gw 192.168.200.1" on the DR.
- Start Midori from the Programs folder :)
You can also add the last command (adding to routing table) to the usbnet2 script from dima_tr (after ifconfig) to make things easier.