View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #53
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Oh...I get it...you were talking about the "the next Harry Potter" not the "the next 'Harry Potter'"
Yep. Although my main beef is with paramance if I'm being honest - and not just because of the nature of the genre.

When I go into a book store now paramance has taken over nearly all of what was science fiction, fantasy and horror. All the genres I would put up there on top of my reading list have been crushed into oblivion by angsty teens who want to bump and grind with the undead.

Now the genre itself may well have appealed if it hadn't become a "phenomenon" in the way it has. And I can probably still be convinced to read some paramance here and there on the right occasion, but the whole mass replication going on is what I think of as "copywrong".

I had the same feeling about what happened after Dan Brown's book became successful, ie nausea.

OK - people like this stuff and I'm certainly not saying they shouldn't. Just sharing my own personal reaction.

When it dies down again, I'll probably put my toes back into the water. I'm quite partial to vampires and werewolves most of the time.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is online now   Reply With Quote