View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #51
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
If UPEDR is an option, you might as well go with Star Trek's PADD, personal acess display device. One syllable.
...and we come neatly full circle back to Prospect's orginal (almost) suggestion !

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
I like liseuse, and lets face it, English is full of words that have been acquired from elsewhere. That's what makes it so great, that it has words like dinosaur, mana, kilometre and Eskimo in it (Greek, Polynesian, French and Eskimo respectively). It's not as though one more French word in the language will hurt the situation, our spelling is already atrocious. I'm sure we could Anglicise the spelling enough that the French would disown the term Perhaps lissoose so that merkins can pronounce it properly :P
that's true ! english is the richest language because it has "borrowed" from every other language. i fully support the idea of lending yet another french word.

i should specify that if you want to anglicize it, a closer transcription would be "lizooze" (it's not quite the real french pronunciation, the vowel sound in "euse" is pronounced more like the "e" in "her", but it's closer).

maybe between the two of us, we could start using it here, start a trend and launch our very own neologism ! it could be our 15 minutes of glory...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote