View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 , Kindle for PC
that message is not even in the ,mobi book file, it's in the Kindle firmware & cannot be turned off.
it is triggered whenever you turn the final "page" of any document, even ones you've self-created.

It's one of the reasons why I switched from Kindle to Sony , I ranted about it on Kindle forum but got little sympathy....

as I said there, the twin assumptions that the whole world needs to know or care that I've reached the end of a book AND that everyone who reads books is hooked on social media inanities like twitter is [ insert adjective of you choice ]

expect more Kindle advertising to come iwith future updates....
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote