View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
There's so little of real substance in this update: new screensavers, 'improved line function in browser', and change in default search---that I wonder if they are doing an Apple/Iphone and putting some code in there to discourage or block hacking attempts the way Apple has done with Iphone updates.

I'm active in another Kindle forum and the mod there is an Amazon associate and has been threatened by Amazon to the point that he deletes any post which even LINKS to pages which could be even vaguely construed as encouraging/approving or even mentioning any sort of Kindle hack.

Paging Igor......
Um, no. The update also included better support for Audible.com audiobooks as well as a new audio player screen. It may not matter to you, but I know at least one person who is considering the Kindle because of this.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote