Changes in this release:
- Add support for binary comparison searches to find book formats with exactly the same content
- Replace how exemptions are stored in the config file to make more scalable
- No longer calculate exemption preview detailed messages for the confirmation dialog for performance
- Compare multiple authors for most author algorithms to increase duplicate coverage.
- Change Manage exemptions dialog to have tab for each author with exemptions and show section only if have exemptions
- Include swapping author name order in all but identical author checks. So A B / B A or A,B / B,A will match.
- Disable the Ignore title, identical author combination as will not a valid one (never duplicates)
- Allow the remove, mark current and mark all group exemption dialogs able to be hidden from showing again.
- Allow various count of result and no result information dialogs able to be hidden from showing again.
- Allow user to reset confirmation dialogs related to find duplicates from the configuration dialog
I have changed the way your exemptions are stored in the config file, to make this plugin work more efficiently with very large groups of exemptions. You will lose any book or author exemptions when you upgrade to this version
. However this is a one-off problem for longer term benefit.
A key change of particular note is the way authors are compared. Previously this plugin only considered the first author of a book if it had multiple. So a book by "Lee Child & David Gemmell" could not match one by "David Gemmell" without using an ignore author search. In addition the plugin will now catch cases of the author names being stored in the wrong order. Previously it would compare "Lee Child" with "Child, Lee". Now it will also match books where the metadata is incorrect like "Lee, Child" and "Child Lee".
With these changes you should now be able to catch more duplicate situations in your library. Special thanks again to chaley for his suggestions and testing with this release.