No, lithium polymer batteries do not work that way, it's an outmoded idea from the days of Ni-Cad cells which are completely different... I would suggest an overnight charge from a wall charger or a PC that will definitely not go into sleep/hibernate mode if left unattended... when the red light goes out then battery is at 80% charge so it doesn't hurt to leave charging and it can't overcharge due to circuitry designed to stop that happening...
Originally Posted by Shopaholic
Do you guys think that draining the battery to nothing twice and then doing an overnight charge will 'make it normal' again? I want a working reader but would really rather not send it in and possibly get stuck with a 'blemished' unit.