View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #29
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura aboutCthulhu has a spectacular aura about

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Regarding PRS-50* add-ons:

I really do not need a keyboard. I *do* see the ease of searching for a new book via wifi as a darn nifty thing, so a USB dongle would be useful. So far as I know, there is a basic system of interface on the device that I think could be used to work the wifi purchasing. If I am not mistaken, there are hacks available on MobileRead for clocks and other apps that utlise the 5-way navigator.

Again, I LOVE MY READER. I do not see the lack of wifi as a detriment but I can see how that feature could sway people toward the Kindle. With web access to periodicals, the Kindle makes That being said, colour screens will be crucial to such a step; Comics and magazine would be great in colour, and it could help in the non-fiction department.

Amazon does seem to have the upperhand in marketing. Every time I look at Amazon.com, cannot escape seeing the Kindle. Visit www.sony.com, and I get all itchy. Dang, but that site is too slick for its own good. However, as Steve points out, many people appreciate having a device in their hot little hands. Especially one that costs $400.

If Nate's post about both readers entering the UK market is true (sorry I can't imbed links yet), then we'll really have a neat contest on our hands.

SONY has gone 1/2 in its format battles. Am eager to see how round 3 works out.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote