View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
The recent update added the New Oxford American Dictionary. If you select a word in a book, the pop up from NOAD will show up with the short definition. You can then select to go to NOAD to see the full definition. However, you still can't access even NOAD's index, while you are there. No other dictionary works and there is no way that I can see to change the default dictionary from NOAD to something else. So, while it is a welcome addition, it falls far short of expectations. I'd love to have full support of mobi dictionaries. I would also like support of dictionary indexes in regular books (Kindle does that), which allows one to search the text or to search the index.

It seems I said the same thing as stehk. I do not think it is connected to the licensing. I don't see them crippling a functionality just because of some NOAD. It's most likely they haven't implemented the index functionality in the first place.

Last edited by osnova; 04-23-2011 at 05:02 PM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote