Thread: Kindle and DRM
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Where it gets sent to is detailed a few posts down from that one.
Ah, I'd almost forgotten about the Big Brother thread. Thanks for reminding me. Unfortunately, there's nothing in that thread that absolutely confirms that everything that gets written to the syslog eventually finds its way to an Amazon server. That "evidence" only proves two things:

1) That many, many things are logged to the syslog locally on the Kindle... many.
2) That the Kindle periodically communicates with an Amazon server to see if there are things it needs "to do." To my knowledge, no one has captured one of these "todo" requests and analyzed it.

Where was the part that confirms that the entire syslog is sent to Amazon on a regular basis?

Shouldn't be too hard for someone with a WiFi Kindle to setup a packet sniffer and catch it in the act. That's the kind of evidence I'm looking for. Surely, someone somewhere has done this already?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote