This plugin consolidates the now deprecated Goodreads Metadata and Goodreads Covers plugins with a replacement that works with the Calibre 0.8 metadata API.
It allows Calibre to read book information from goodreads.com
when you choose to download/fetch metadata. Calibre currently comes with plugins for a number of information sources such as Amazon and Googlebooks. Adding this plugin can potentially increase both the success rate and quality of information retrieved for some of your books.
- Can retrieve goodreads id, title, author, series, isbn, comments, rating, publisher, publication date, tags, language and covers
- Option to customise the Goodreads genre -> Calibre tag mappings. A default set of the most popular genre tag mappings is included as a starting point.
- Option to additionally search multiple editions of a book for the best set of metadata excluding audio editions (plugin will run slightly slower with this enabled, disabled by default)
- Option to retrieve all contributors to a book as an author. By default this is turned off, however Goodreads is able to provide illustrators, editors etc should you want these retrieved.
- By retrieving the Goodreads id this plugin offers improved integration with the Goodreads Sync plugin. This works both ways - once you have linked to a specific Goodreads edition then retrieving metadata will obtain it for only that edition.
- The goodreads id will also be displayed in the book details panel to be clicked on and taken directly to the website for that book.
- Requires Calibre 0.8 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Note that this is not a GUI plugin so it is not intended/cannot be added to context menus/toolbars etc.
- Customise your desired genre -> tag mappings and other options from the Metadata download configuration screen
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!