This plugin consolidates the now deprecated Goodreads Metadata and Goodreads Covers plugins with a replacement that works with the Calibre 0.8 metadata API.
It allows Calibre to read book information from goodreads.com
when you choose to download/fetch metadata. Calibre currently comes with plugins for a number of information sources such as Amazon and Googlebooks. Adding this plugin can potentially increase both the success rate and quality of information retrieved for some of your books.
Main Features of v1.1.8
- Can retrieve goodreads id, title, author, series, isbn, comments, rating, publisher, publication date, tags, language and covers
- Option to customise the Goodreads genre -> Calibre tag mappings. A default set of the most popular genre tag mappings is included as a starting point.
- Option to additionally search multiple editions of a book for the best set of metadata excluding audio editions (plugin will run slightly slower with this enabled, disabled by default)
- Option to retrieve all contributors to a book as an author. By default this is turned off, however Goodreads is able to provide illustrators, editors etc should you want these retrieved.
- By retrieving the Goodreads id this plugin offers improved integration with the Goodreads Sync plugin. This works both ways - once you have linked to a specific Goodreads edition then retrieving metadata will obtain it for only that edition.
- The goodreads id will also be displayed in the book details panel to be clicked on and taken directly to the website for that book.
- Requires Calibre 0.8 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Note that this is not a GUI plugin so it is not intended/cannot be added to context menus/toolbars etc.
- Customise your desired genre -> tag mappings and other options from the Metadata download configuration screen
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!
- 28 Jul 2014
Support upcoming calibre 2.0
- 25 Aug 2013
Another fix for more.../less... on authors
- 17 Aug 2013
Support Dutch language
- 10 Jul 2013
Updated to match Goodreads website change which broke ISBB and cover parsing