Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
There are really only a handful of things to do in mobi->oeb conversion so I see no reason why your OEB output should be wrong. THey are
1) Read metadata from the EXTH header to create the .opf file
2) Decompress the text using the three possible compression chemes
3) Replace the filepos attributes
4) Replace the mobi specific tags like <mbp
5) Extract the images and replace the <img recindex> tags
At the moment, the only not fullly implemented step is 4). The only mobi specific markup that mobi2oeb replaces is <mbp
Hey, this reads like psuedo-code and would be a great guide to 'rolling-your-own' program.
However, for me, this was all accomplished by using tompe's 'mobi2html' and making my .IMP specific changes to get 'mobi2imp'.
So, in the end, it appears we get the same result.