View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by WzeroMN View Post
I got it running and Kindle and Nook applications run. Where do they store a downloaded books. I cannot find it anyplace after removing SD card to get back to original use.
It is not in the Nook internal memory and I do not find it on the Android CM7 card which is 8 gigs with 115,463,965,and 5.91 GB shown in Manage but only the Boot partition shows in Computer when inserted in PC. I assume it is in one of those partitions not recognized by windows 7. Is that correct.
I do not know where your apps are storing data, but I have my CoolReader 3 book reader setup to get it's books in /books on the SD card. The logical SD card in the system that you are describing is the 5.91 GB partition on the physical SD card. You are correct that Windows cannot read that partition. That is because the boot partition of the SD card is active and the logical SD card partition is inactive as far as Windows is concerned. There are a few different ways to get around that problem, but one of the easier ways is probably to use an application like MyPhoneExplorer ( http://www.fjsoft.at/en/ ) to access the SD storage while it is mounted by Android. Another way would be to use USB and configure Android to display the SD contents via USB.
Quote:
In nay case the apps run OK but download of a K book took around 5 minutes so that is not too great. It does give me the ability to read Kindle books on my Nook and that is great.
I have no idea why your downloads are so slow.
Earlier you were saying that video was also slow, and that is definitely not normal for the current releases of CM7.
Quote:
I do not think I will be buying too many though at that performance and also there is no Search function that I can see. No search button on the CM7. Maybe I have to add some more things.
Of course there is a search button. Android comes from Google. On CM7 the home screen search button looks like a magnifying glass at the bottom left of the home screen. It is just up and to the left of the physical "N" button in portrait mode. Of course there is also that huge search widget at the top of the central home screen in the default CM7 configuration.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote