View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
7" PDN for Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget_girl View Post
I too am looking for a device to read colour comics on, like the original poster. However, I'm open to all suggestions and reviews. It would be my son purchasing it with his money, so cost isn't an issue, but knowing how it works, ease of sideloading comics, ease of navigation, page size, text size etc. Since I'll be the one setting it up, I'd like to know what I'm getting into. What do you think is the best option for reading comics?

I totally agree with Sweetpea on the 7" PDN size. It is likely too small for most. And while I can read it just fine at "fit to screen," the command bar at the bottom does not go away (I've tried all settings). And instead of making the screen even smaller, it obscures what is beneath the bar (the bar I speak of is the standard Back, Home and Settings bar).

So, there are likely plenty of other options that would work better for you at displaying comics -- the best will depend on the other variables, all specific to your needs.

I am willing to deal with the issue noted because I like the portability and functionality of my 7" PDN. I hadn't even considered comic books until recently. I was simply revisiting the original Phoenix Saga (as much as I could find) from when I was a teenager. The entire John Byrne run would be ideal, but it was never a priority. The books, net access and amount of memory has been my focus.

Last edited by Caesius; 04-21-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling issue
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote