View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 and Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
cp /home/intent/mobipocket.param /home/intent/mobipocket.param.bak
rm /home/intent/mobipocket.param

and try again.
I found that I needed to do this, so I added it to Adam's scripts. See the enclosed zip file.

I enclose screenshots from the Sans Serif and the Serif font at two sizes. As usual, if the image seems ragged is has been rescaled by your browser - click on it again to get the full size version.

The Sans Serif fonts appears to be DejaVu Sans, and the Serif font is Bitstream Vera Serif. There is also a Bitstream Vera Sans font, but (based on FBReader) it seems similar, or identical, to DejaVu. One difference is that Vera has a genuine bold face, but I don't think MobiPocket is recognizing anything except "sans" and "serif" for the font.

FBReader can also use the type1 fonts that are installed on the iLiad, but I can't get MobiPocket Reader to recognize these. The font I usually use for FBReader is Nimbus Sans L, but it is a type1 font.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_MP_sans1.png
Views:	512
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	10434   Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_MP_serif1.png
Views:	463
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	10435   Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_MP_sans2.png
Views:	455
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	10436   Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_MP_serif2.png
Views:	457
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	10437  
Attached Files
File Type: zip fontswitcher_1.2.zip (3.0 KB, 293 views)
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote