View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
From the Amazon Media Room Press Release:

"We're doing a little something extra here," Marine continued. "Normally, making margin notes in library books is a big no-no. But we're extending our Whispersync technology so that you can highlight and add margin notes to Kindle books you check out from your local library. Your notes will not show up when the next patron checks out the book. But if you check out the book again, or subsequently buy it, your notes will be there just as you left them, perfectly Whispersynced."

JSWolf, now that it's been stated that libraries will not have to purchase additional ebook licenses, is your only negative that the addition of Kindle users to the pool of library users will increase wait times?
Thanks for that. I missed it the first read.

All I can say is we'll have to jut wait and see what happens. I am curious what the publishers will say about this. The one thing I am hoping for is that the libraries increase the amount of eBooks one can reserve at a given time.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote