View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #115
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I think we all wish that we didn't have to do that. Until that day comes, I am doing what I can to make sure I can access my books if I choose to change ereaders.
Exactly. Though I think of this as simple backups to prevent loss. I'd do that regardless, but in this case it requires an extra step to ensure it can be read wherever. I'm OK with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alert View Post
CRussel, agreed! I'm in that process now. MY wish is to not need to do it. When I bought a CD for my Sony CD player I didn't need to convert it in order to play it on my Denon CD player. Reason why? Common format.
Even when impulse buying gets me to download immediately from Amazon (and it does happen), I always connect up to Calibre at the earliest opportunity and convert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Very wise.
And your efforts to make that easier are very much appreciated. Very much.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote