View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #57
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Now here we have a some lies...

These features are not unique to the Kindle. They also are part of the Sony x50 line. So Amazon, stop lying to your customers.

As for the library borrowing, I'm hoping that this is not the addition of another format for the libraries to have to purchase because if it is, then the amount of titles the libraries can purchase will drop and that will not be good overall.
LEARN how to use the language before you become critical. from dictionary.com;

u·nique   
[yoo-neek] Show IPA
–adjective
existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics: a unique copy of an ancient manuscript.
having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable: Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint.
limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area: a species unique to australia.
limited to a single outcome or result; without alternative possibilities: Certain types of problems have unique solutions.
not typical; unusual: She has a very unique smile.
–noun

the embodiment of unique characteristics; the only specimen of a given kind: The unique is also the improbable.

I'd like to draw your attention to entry number 5 in case you missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
KindleKitten has got to be thrilled. (Grins)

I am speculating here but I think Amazon is going to be underwriting the purchase of ebooks for the libraries. The annouoncement specifically mentions how Amazon is working with Overdrive and little is said about the libraries themselves.

Is the Kindle going to be the first of the ereaders that allows note taking for ebooks? I would have thought that you could do that on the Sony and the Nook. Synching is going to be great.
especially if we can shut the Sony Troll up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yep! My next eink device will be a Kindle. *gasp* Can't wait to see if a new Kindle will appear at the end of the year.
I think it is entirely possible they have something up their sleeve given the recent sale price of the DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
They can do wrong. This is not a case of it though.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote