View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
<snip> The scene that bothered me more was the second-to-last one, where Daenerys was taken by Drogo so roughly.

<snip> I don't understand why they did it that way on the show when, in the book, he spent so much time being gentle with her, until she was totally seduced and told him she wanted him to...

<snip> but why portray him as being a brute, when he really wasn't, afaicr.
Hmm, I could see why that would be upsetting...the seduction sounds like a "better" story, but the scene was definitely "better" TV. Plus, it made sense, seeing how Drogo is supposed to be a "brute". He didn't speak to her at all during their initial meeting, nor their wedding, so for him to be suddenly gentle would have seemed odd or out of character; at least in the first episode. They did try to allude to a sensitive or caring side with the horse, which Daenerys obviously loves.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote