View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:43 AM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Totally agree. I feel the same way and that's one of the reasons why I went with a Kindle over a Sony or Nook. I hate non-black/dark blue borders. I also hate the added expense of skinning.

I'm in the market for a black ePub reader for library books. I have my eye on Kobos being clearanced out at closing Borders stores. Currently at $70 and hoping they'll drop to $50 or $60 before selling out.
Well, I changed my mind. I went to a Borders store that was closing to get a Kobo. While there, I decided to try out the Sony Pocket (other two models sold out). The Sony blew the Kobo out of the water. What now - Kobo for $60 or Sony for $108? Long story short, I went with the Sony.

Now I have to deal with that shiny silver border. It's quite distracting and bothers me. A bit of black tape or shelf liner should do the trick.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote