View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hello and welcome!

Your question is difficult, because you have so many specific needs. One thing, I don't know how much an iRiver Cover Story costs, so I don't know whether the devices I know about will be more or less expensive than that.

I know a bit about the Sony Daily Edition and about the enTourage eDGe, either one of which might suit your purposes. I'm not sure because I don't use mine the way you will be using yours. The Sony has a 7" screen, so possibly too small. The full-sized eDGe has 2 screens: a 10.1" Android tablet and a 9.7" e-ink. So the size is right. Both devices have memory card capability. Both will work with Word documents, but I can't remember off-hand whether the Sony reads them natively. The eDGe comes with Docs-to-Go, which reads Word documents on the LCD side. I think (but don't quote me) that they both can display jpg and png files.

Anyway, it's a place to start!

Good luck in your researching!

Check here for more info on the above:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100 (Sony)
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218 (enTourage eDGe)
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote