View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #39
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodwink View Post
Since Amazon has taken down the download link for direct USB upgrades perhaps some kind soul will upload it to a file sharing site (such as Rapidshare)?
You may want to wait a bit, it seems like it wasn't quite ready for prime-time. I upgraded mine and it seems to be a bit buggy. I have froze my screen twice and had to restart since I upgraded and I never had to do that before.

I haven't added any more books or anything, so I can only suspect that the upgrade is to blame. Also, at random times, a book I am reading will close in the middle of a page-turn. Nothing too major since I just click on the book again, but I wouldn't want it to do this forever.

But it does have new screen saver images. They are mixed in with some of the old ones.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote