View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Step away for a minute and look what happens

Just to be clear - my plugin does not have to be running and looking for a signal? It just has to test if gui.device_metadata_available is True before continuing - otherwise I will issue an error dialog to tell the user to wait and try again. (Actually I currently test if gui.device_manager.is_device_connected is True, and then I test if gui.device_manager.connected_device._main_prefix has a value because I think I used to test for just main_prefix but found that wasn't reset between connections so I test both - and now I'll add a 3rd test).

I understand it won't be perfect as there could be books to send to/sync with the device - but it will prevent the majority of issues that might happen.

Many thanks.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote