Thread: iLiad Windowmanager Fluxbox
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man catched my iLiad.
yokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with others

Device: 1st gen iRex iLiad with 2nd ed. battery/case
Talking Windowmanager Fluxbox

Fluxbox is yet another windowmanager for X. I compiled it.
Dreams came true: Easy switching between open programs is possible.
Screenshots are attached showing my iLiad session running Contentlister, 2 mrxvt windows, XBoard, & ipdf.
When I click on a icon in the fluxbox bar this app get's in front.
I'm so proud of this new effort. This is so sexy. I have the feeling I own a real Linux PDA.
I'm so damn studpid. I compiled fluxbox is December, but I checked whether it is working today.

[EDIT 02/15/08] Fluxbox installer is attached.
[EDIT 02/16/08] The usage of hacked libX11 is not very clever. In Contentlister we get first refeshes by hacked libX11, then a full-screen-refresh.

When you click with stylus on the area titled as "two" [it's the name of the current workspace] you will get the options menu of the toolbar [positon, clock setttings etc.].
to-do-list:
# click on toolbar -> small screen refresh
# simulation of 3rd mouse-click for action on titlebar [kill window, send to a workspace etc.]
etc..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiad_fluxbox_01_XBoard.png
Views:	932
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	10364   Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiad_fluxbox_02_ipdf.png
Views:	860
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	10365  
Attached Files
File Type: zip fluxbox.iLiad.0.1.zip (1.42 MB, 623 views)

Last edited by yokos; 02-16-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: EDIT II
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote