View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #8
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I propose changing things so that if marking is enabled and the search returns nothing, the library view will be positioned at line 1 but nothing will be selected.
The first part of your suggestion makes sense to me, but I'm not sure I understand the second part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If a result is returned, the library view will be positioned at the first (and perhaps only) result, and that line will be selected.
Are you saying that the view will scroll up so that the first match is the first line? If so I agree this would be more intuitive. It wouldn't totally eliminate the source of confusion, but the shift in the view should help a fair bit.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote