View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #62
Beeba2000
Junior Member
Beeba2000 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: Kindle 3G
Solved - I ultimately realized that the dictionary that I had created was fine. The problem was with the metadata of the actual ebook. I had converted the book from epub to mobi using calibre under Windows. The Calibre GUI under Windows does not allow for changing the language of the ebook in the metadata.

I read that the command line version of Calibre under Linux or Mac DOES allow you to change the language metadata, so I moved over to my Linux machine. Turns out, I did not need to even use command line. When you start Calibre for the first time, it asks you which language you would like to use as default. I chose Swedish (target language for the text).

This worked. The epub file was converted to mobi with Swedish meta info. Uploaded to the Kindle, and now the dictionary works great.
Beeba2000 is offline   Reply With Quote