View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #86
Astrakan
Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kindle 3G
Regarding Dell customer service, here's what happened to me a while back:

My Dell laptop started acting up. Whenever I would adjust the angle of the screen I'd get horizontal lines across the bottom third of the screen. This happened on Sunday night. I call Dell, they tell me they'll send me a box.

Monday morning, the doorbell rings. My box is delivered. Monday afternoon I pack up my laptop and call for a pickup. Within an hour my laptop has been picked up. It's now 5:30 PM on Monday night. Less than 24 hours after I placed my service call.

Tuesday I get an e-mail from Dell saying they've received my laptop.

Wednesday morning, the doorbell rings. My laptop is returned to me, the motherboard and LCD screen have been replaced.

Total turnaround time: 39 hours from laptop leaving my house to laptop's return to my house. Or 62 hours since I placed the service call.

That's what I call amazing customer service.
Astrakan is offline   Reply With Quote