View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodykihara View Post
Hm, I was wondering about reflowing, too - someone reviewed my book on a site and complained that the formatting was all messed up, and when I messaged her to ask about it, she said she had a PDF version of it. Since then, I've been steering clear of PDFs (can't say I'm happy receiving bad reviews because of them!). Is there any way to optimize the reflowability (if that's even a word?)
You need to start with a tool that understands how to make the document reflow. For example Framemaker can add the appropriate reflow tags. Adobe Acrobat can also do it. However editing the pdf directly can mess up reflow. Adobe documents talk about reflow. Sure some of the new readers can try and reflow without these smart tags but the results are not always what they could be.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote