View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #35
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 600, Ebookman-911, Blackberry Storm2
I would like to suggest the following series by Tanith Lee:

The Wars of Vis
The Storm Lord (1976)
Anackire (1983)
The White Serpent (1988)

Tales From The Flat Earth
Night's Master (1978)
Death's Master (1979)
Delusion's Master (1981)
Delirium's Mistress (1986)
Night's Sorceries (1986) (collection of novellas set in this world)

The Secret Books of Paradys (set in an alternate version of Paris)
The Book of the Damned (1988)
The Book of the Beast (1988)
The Book of the Dead (1991) (collection of short stories set in this world)
The Book of the Mad (1993)
The Secret Books of Paradys (2007) (omnibus reprint of all four books)

If you want to read a great but sometimes forgotton and little mentioned Arabian Nights style fantasy I hardily suggest both Kaled by Francis Marion Crawford and The Shaving Of Shagpat by George Meridith. I think they are both outstanding books.

I also agree that the Covenant books are a great read. BTW I think his Gap books can be loosely classified as science-fantasy since they are based on Wagner's Ring Cycle. Agreements are disagreements on this point. Would like to hear what others think.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote