View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #19
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
So I'll certainly look at your three step suggestion above. But shouldn't there be a fourth step - to pack the file back into mobi format?
True, that's a fourth step, but I think it's one Mobipocket Creator does more or less automatically upon save.

Quote:
So far as blockquotes are concerned: I have the text within <p></p> tags. Will the process you've mention remove those tags, or will I have to do it manually? And if I remove the tags how do I separate the text into paragraphs? Some of the quotes in the book go on for a page or two with many paragraphs.
I just re-tested the blockquotes - I'm starting to think this must be a bug in Calibre related to the css styles you're using. I just tried using both <p> and <div> and both converted identically - and work fine - for me. This is my source:
Code:
<body>
  <h1 id="heading_id_2">Blockquote Test</h1>

<blockquote>
    <div>
      First level indent
    </div>

<blockquote>
      <div>
        Second level indent
      </div>
    </blockquote>
  </blockquote>

<p class="sgc-1">Using &lt;p&gt; tags instead:</p>

<blockquote>
    <p class="noindent">First level indent</p>

<blockquote>
      <p class="noindent">Second level indent</p>
    </blockquote>
  </blockquote>
</body>
My guess would be that it's somehow related to the css margins you have defined. You'd need to open a bug with a sample file attached to see. Alternatively a fix got submitted for the 'ignore margins' option, which will be in the next release, so you could give that a shot, as it will ignore css margins but preserve existing blockquote nesting.

Quote:
No, I don't think the 'superscript' problem is a bug for calibre, apart from not using my CSS. I have this class in the stylesheet:
.fn { font-size: 67%; vertical-align: text-top; } /* With thanks to Weatherwax */
Calibre will automatically turn that into a superscript, so that's definitely not a bug. Unfortunately mobi doesn't allow any fine grained control of positioning and text size for superscript/subscript. The only thing that you could potentially do is wrap the superscript in <small></small> tags in mobipocket Creator for a small font size reduction - Calibre doesn't do this today.

Quote:
I'm really not fussed about the font, except as another example of calibre using its own rules and not my stylesheet. But as I wrote in another post perhaps I'm asking calibre to do something it wasn't designed for.
The only reason I'm asking about this is there is definitely conversion code that should handle this, so it appears to be a limitation with the way you've defined sans-serif in your stylesheet vs. what Calibre is expecting.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote