View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iBooks now supports embedded fonts

http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...phone-and.html

Quote:
But today I noticed something new: iBooks now supports embedded fonts even in regular, reflowable, non-fixed layout EPUBs.

That's not all. I noticed while I was testing this feature that Apple no longer restricts embedded fonts to non-special tags, as I describe on page 140 of my EPUB book. This is a really big deal, and means you can forget the ugly hacks previously required to get them to appear.
Liz Castro has simple instructions on her site to make ePubs work with embeddable fonts-and as a bonus, these ePubs also will work on the Nook!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote