View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
The problem is that epub is the standard for publishing these days, so I don't think Alex is wrong for using Calibre for the conversion, the fact of the matter is there is no perfect conversion tool for epub to mobi. A number of ebook creators that are publishing to Amazon report that Amazon's own Kindlegen is worse in most aspects compared to Calibre, and to get a decent conversion they use Calibre, then Mobiunpack, and then Mobipocket Creator to gen the final pub-ready version.

I've been doing some further digging since my last post - there seem to be some bugs in Calibre's handling of both font-size and vertical-align css handling for <sup> tags (or any tag using vertical-align:top for that matter). Fixing the vertical-align:top conversion was trivial, but need to do some more digging to figure out how to fix the font size.

Last edited by ldolse; 04-12-2011 at 08:23 AM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote