View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
emt
Readasaurus
emt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud of

Device: Nook HD+, Ipad Mini, Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
That's correct. You can revert back to stock after using Autonooter but once you root CM7 reverting back becomes more involved. I know because I found out the hard way myself. (See an older post of mine on recovery.) There is a better way if you plan ahead but I hadn't. The important thing to remember though is that it's very difficult to brick the Nook so there's almost always a way out. Even now I haven't bothered with making a backup of the stock OS. There is nothing on it that interests me anymore. If and when I need it for some reason, I'll deal with it then.

Huskermania's videos are great! Even though I prefer to get my hands dirty, I watch his videos as a precaution in case that I missed something.

Good luck with your rooting!
You can do even better with CM7 and have the best of all worlds. Over on XDA there's a thread called "Generic Nook-2GB-SDCard-CW3010-VGCM7InstallerAsALTinMultiBoot-v6.zip" - the URL is:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1022786

By following the instructions (very easy) you set up a dual-boot system whereby you leave the Nook at stock 1.1 (latest BN update) and can, by your choice, boot into running CM7 on your SD Card. I am now using the latest (stable) CM7 which is Android 2.3, otherwise known as Gingerbread.

It runs extremely smoothly off the SD Card (I just have a generic Samsung 16Gb that came with a phone a while back) and you never have to mod your Nook, leaving room for BN Updates and just general goodness.
emt is offline   Reply With Quote