Originally Posted by tekkasit
yifanlu, I just confused with the following statement.
1. That means I need to have Kindle 3 and 2, right?
2. How to uninstall or undo this thing on Kindle 2 (including remove the backup recovery package)? Because I afraid that if I feel doesn't like software v3.1 for what ever reason, I can't revert back my K2 to the original state.
3. After the upgrade K2 to run v3.1 software, what will happen if Amazon release an update of K3 software?
1) You need a k3 because it is illegal for me to redistribute the files. If it were not, it would be as easy as me releasing a 300MB file. You can use a friends' k3 too because nothing on the k3 is permentally modified and no personal information is stored.
2) You "uninstall" by restoring from the backup packaged generated from the k2. Nothing is installed on the k3.
3) if amazon releases 3.1 update. If it is minor, it MAY work. If it is major or modifies one of the three files I modified, then it will fail. My goal is to have no files modified, then you can upgrade.