View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Acer Iconia Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Well, if you did buy your e-books via Kobo, your local Chapters store could still benefit if you were to pay for your Kobo book purchases via one of those refillable Chapters Gift Cards*, which you could then top up by going back to the store and handing your credit card to the cashier to add extra funds.

That way at least the store would be seen as bringing in the sales for some item or other and hopefully not shut down as unprofitable.

It would also prevent having a lot of small charges which might trigger an attempted fraud alert at your CC company.

* I've been paying for all my Kobo books since the holidays with a generous gift card balance from the out-of-province relatives, which they purchased in their local Chapters.

Thank you, generous out-of-province relatives!
This is a possible idea. I had no idea that I could pay at Kobobooks online using a Chapters gift card. The web site certainly doesn't make it obvious.

However the ebook price on Kobobooks is still. When I search on Kobobooks for Garr Reynolds, or for The Naked Presenter.the book doesn't show up in the results. I found it only when typing in Naked Presenter as a suggested search and didn't show up in the results unless I clicked on the suggestions.

So at first look, I assumed they didn't carry it. And their ebook price is $6.40 more than Amazon so I would still be paying 64% more to support Chapters.. I don't know how much Chapters makes on the gift card/kobo online purchase combo.

So Amazon still wins out. It would be a lot of work and more money to try to implement this convoluted way to try to support Chapters.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote