View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #103
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I have an idea for a plugin if it is possible. I currently like to have different field columns visible when completing different tasks, such as editing metadata for new books, editing series info, and selecting books for reading. I have installed the manage series plugin (although I have not sat still long enough to figure out how to use it) but I was wondering if it is doable to have a plugin that would save the visible columns to a list that the user could select in order to hide/show columns. For instance, if I only wanted the Author, Title, Series columns visible for editing and the Author, Title, Pages (custom column) tags columns visible when selecting books to go in my reading list or Author, Title and Tags visible when working with my kindle collections. I tend to show/hide columns and move them around when doing different tasks and it would be really nice if I could just select a saved view to pull up when working on the different tasks. If this is doable, it would be nice if the list could be at least 4 or 5 different views.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Nyn
Sorry Nyn, I didn't reply to this earlier. I agree it would be a nice idea. However I would take it one step further to make it even more useful - the ability to specify a sort order associated with each view.

We have the ability to set a complex sort order on Calibre startup. However if you change your sorting while using Calibre (as I often do such as when I have drilled into an order and want to see by publication date or whatever), there is currently no easy way in Calibre to "restore" your previous sort order. Instead you must do your various clicks on the column headings in the right order to set it back to your desired default. A keyboard shortcut or menu driven option via a plugin such as this would be a faster and more reliable alternative.

I'll take a look into it...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote