View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #13
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
With the smaller screen size of some of these tablets I don't see the value of having multiple window screen. The clutter would be too much, I much prefer the interface rim and Google have developed where the user can easily switch between windows. In rims case you can preview all the apps that are running.

My one grip is with these ios apps that are ported to Android, they still carry over the iPhone paradigm and shutdown when they are not on the front.
On a 12.1 inch screen it is quite easy to have Outlook open in one window, a small newscast in a second and browser in a third. They can be easily resized as you concentrate on one or the other.

In the end it really depends on what you use it for. I prefer an all-in-one around the home and not to have to carry 2 devices on my frequent trips. And Windows tablets will only get better in the near future, as new processors increase battery life and make smaller form factors possible.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote